A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy culture press releases from PR Newswire, including research into older adults’ feelings of loneliness and isolation.
NEW YORK, Aug. 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering different cultural groups stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- New Research Reveals One-Third of Adults 50-Plus (32%) Often or Always Feel Lonely or Isolated
Alongside AARP, hundreds of game-filled events will be organized to rally people of all ages to come together and celebrate older adults, driving meaningful connections through play that is inclusive of all generations.
- Unveiling the Voice of Gen Z Hispanics in College: 2nd Annual Latine Research Study Delivers Powerful Insights on AI, Gun Ownership, Mental Health, Sex and Politics
The only dating-app led study on Latine in college reveals majority of students are concerned about growing gun violence,75% do not believe books on race should be banned in public schools, and 48% of Latine’s believe mental health has an impact on their sex life.
- Santa Fe Indian Market Announces Best of Show Winners
Since 1922, Santa Fe Indian Market, the world’s largest and most prestigious Native North American art market, has awarded Best of Show winners to the nation’s exceptional Indigenous artists in a variety of juried categories.
- Drake, Future, Selena Gomez, Ed Sheeran, and Don Tolliver highlighted as “International Artist Of The Year” Nominees for The 16th Annual Headies Awards
The Headies understand the urban, contemporary pop culture that Afrobeats brings to mainstream music, inspired by the need to fill a significant void and be the voice of a generation in the culture that they represent. The event boasts a mega-platform that interfaces with young, talented artistes who represent the future of global music.
- GiveSmart and The Nonprofit Makeover Join Forces on GiveSmart Gives Back, Empowering BIPOC Nonprofit Leaders
The cornerstone of this partnership is to provide BIPOC nonprofit leaders with fully funded scholarships to receive access to The Nonprofit Makeover’s acclaimed eCourse, The Nonprofit Makeover University. This immersive training tool, spanning over 50+ hours, covers a wide range of essential topics.
- PepsiCo Celebrates Next Generation of HBCU Musicians and Student Changemakers with $160,000 Donation from Doritos® SOLID BLACK
From section leaders to dance captains, students are nominated by their respective band directors for their leadership qualities and contribution to their teams and the honorary changemakers will be announced and recognized on the field during the 2023 Pepsi National Battle of the Bands show in Houston, Texas.
- SeeHer, in Partnership With Comscore, Unveils Industry-First ‘Gender Equality Measurement’ for Digital Platforms at Ana Data, Analytics and Measurement Conference
Working in conjunction with SeeHer, Comscore created a new way for brands and advertisers to understand the significance of gender equality for their target audiences – from a behavior, interests, and attitudes standpoint – by embedding Gender Equality attributes in the Comscore Plan Metrix Suite.
- Black Women Founder, LaToya Hurley, launches a Pitch Competition and educational event to provide funding for other Women Founders
“I believe that by offering funding opportunities and educational resources to women founders, we can reveal their incredible potential and drive positive change in our business community. It’s about empowering women to embrace their aspirations and turn them into reality,” Hurley said.
- Paysend Launches Breakthrough Advertising Campaign
The comprehensive campaign will target the 60m Hispanic community living in the United States who regularly send money to family across Latin America, representing the largest money transfer corridor in the world.
- My Code and PinkNews Enter Exclusive Partnership
The partnership will help brands and advertisers increase authentic connections and engagement with LGBTQIA+ audiences.
- Pair of Northern California Moms Who Survived Series of Catastrophic Wildfires Publish Children’s Books to Help Other Parents and Kids Cope with Disaster
“My six-year-old doesn’t always connect with books, but he was completely captivated by the augmented reality component of ‘Little Buck’,” said Sonoma County psychologist Dr. Carrie Lara. “It’ll be such a great resource to help young children who have lived through wildfire.”
Read more of the latest culture-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNmltcult on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-people–culture-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301909671.html
Some images courtesy of https://pixabay.com
The post This Week in People & Culture News: 11 Stories You Need to See first appeared on TREND MAG.