LOS ANGELES, May 2, 2023 (Newswire.com) - Gold House, the leading Asian Pacific cultural ecosystem that unites, invests in, and champions Asian Pacific content and companies, revealed today its annual A100 (the definitive honor recognizing the 100 Asian Pacific leaders who have most significantly impacted American culture and society in the last year) as well as several special honors for transformative impact, as voted on by the top Asian Pacific organizations, creative and business leaders, and multicultural allies.
The A100 will culminate in the first-ever A100 celebratory weekend. On May 5, the evening before the Gold Gala, past and current A100 honorees and judges will unite at an exclusive A100 Welcome Reception, hosted at CAA in Century City, in partnership with BMW of North America, LLC. The reception will be followed by industry-specific Salons supported by Amazon Music, Citi, Din Tai Fung, and Nordstrom. May 6 will welcome the highly-anticipated Gold Gala, the most prestigious and most-viewed gathering of Asian Pacific leaders of 2023. The Gold Gala will feature award presentations to the A1s, Special Honorees, and Legends; the launch of industry-changing initiatives; and engaging interactive programming. The Gala will be followed on May 7 by a powerful gathering of the most influential Asian Pacific women and non-binary leaders at the first-ever Gold Women Brunch, made possible by House of M Beauty, Maker's Mark, Surani, Inc., Warner Bros. Discovery, and Victoria's Secret & Co. The brunch will kick off Gold House's new program to build meaningful connections and sustaining spaces for this singular community.
"Gold House's A100 List is a vital representation of the diverse opportunities and achievements of and for Asian Pacific leaders. Becoming begins with seeing—and it shows how we're just getting started. I'm so proud to be part of past classes and applaud this year's class," said Michelle Yeoh, Academy Award-winning actor, Gold House A100 Hall of Famer, and inaugural Gold Gala Honoree last year.
Asian Pacific leaders are at the forefront of culture—from creativity to commerce, enabling greater socioeconomic opportunities for all. The A100 distills the 100 most impactful across industries, with the single most impactful per industry recognized as the A1. In the last year in creativity, Everything Everywhere All At Once became the most-awarded film of all time (and A24's highest-grossing), dominating the Oscars with 11 nominations and 7 wins, marking historic accolades for Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan in their respective categories. Turning Red was the most streamed movie debuting in 2022, cited as three times more likely to engage multigenerational audiences. Further, in commerce, Asian Pacific founders and funders continue to drive new industries: on the 2022 Midas List, more than 41+% of investors identify as Asian while from January 2022 to April 2023, more than 42% of the 234 recently-IPO'd companies were Asian co-founded.
"In the past year, from Everything Everywhere All At Once at the Oscars to IPOs on the NYSE and NASDAQ, we've moved from Asian Pacific community firsts to global industry firsts. This is no longer about just having a seat at the table or belonging—the A100 and the powerful Gold Gala are about building new houses by breaking established ceilings for all communities," said Bing Chen and Jeremy Tran, CEO and COO of Gold House. "By distilling and punctuating the Asian Pacific community's essential impact on culture, we reimagine what's possible for our community and redefine how we're seen in society."
Honorees on this year's A100 include:
- A1 in Activism & Journalism: Geena Rocero (Author, Producer, Director, Trans Rights Advocate)
- A1 in Business & Technology: Neal Mohan (CEO, YouTube)
- A1 in Entertainment & Media: Bela Bajaria (Chief Content Officer, Netflix)
- A1 in Fashion & Lifestyle: Radhika Jones (Editor-in-Chief, Vanity Fair)
- A1 in Sports & Gaming: Shohei Ohtani (Professional Baseball Player, Los Angeles Angels)
- Additionally, fourteen individuals who have been selected for prior A100 Lists were selected for induction into the Hall of Fame.
The A100 also includes special honors:
- SeeHer Award for artists who advocate for gender equality, portray characters with authenticity, defy stereotypes, and push boundaries in front of and behind the camera: Sandra Oh (Actor, Producer)
- Leading Man Honor for the most impactful gentleman across representation, business, and community: Ke Huy Quan (Academy Award-winning Actor)
- New Gold Honor for a rising leader who will redefine canon for the Asian Pacific community: Iman Vellani (Award-winning Actor, Ms. Marvel)
- Gold Legend Honor for a lifetime of indelible contributions to the success and representation of the Asian Pacific community: Andrew and Peggy Cherng (Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Panda Express); Dominic Ng (Chairman & CEO, East West Bank); and Lea Salonga (Tony Award winner, Disney Legend, Singing voice of Mulan)
- Gold Icon Honor for a transformational moment for the Asian Pacific community: Everything Everywhere All At Once Cast & Creators
- Gold Generation Honor for a moment with ongoing cultural impact that is felt across generations: Joy Luck Club Cast & Creators
- Gold Ally Honor for multicultural leaders committed to progressing culture for all: Eva Longoria (Actor, Producer, Director)
This year's A100 Honorees are also featured in Google's Asian Pacific American Heritage Month video celebrating Asian Pacific excellence across culture, produced in collaboration with Gold House. The video features a powerful spoken word poem performed by famed author and performer Rupi Kaur.
The full list of A100s and the Selection Committee can be found here.
ABOUT GOLD HOUSE
Gold House, the leading cultural ecosystem, propels Asian Pacific communities across every corner of industry and culture to power tomorrow for all. Through a suite of innovative programs and platforms, we unite, champion, and invest in Asian Pacific creators and companies. To learn more, visit www.goldhouse.org or follow @GoldHouseCo on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.Contact Information:
VP of Marketing
Original Source: Gold House Announces 2023 A100 Honoring the Most Impactful Asian Pacific Leaders
ShowBiz - Show Biz clinic originally published at ShowBiz - Show Biz clinic